“Grab a bacon and egg roll, team it with a freshly brewed coffee, and listen to local musicians play as you browse the great range of stalls. Chat to our specialist food producers before selecting some great produce to take home. All products sold have been grown, reared, caught, brewed, pickled, baked, smoked or processed by the stallholders themselves.”
I couldn’t have said it better myself…this is how they plug the Mudgee Fine Foods Farmers Market on their website and ain’t it the truth.
I bit of prior research into what I should get up to on my Easter long weekend holiday at Mudgee led me to Mudgee Farmers Markets. Held on every third Saturday of the month I was right on time too. This post best speaks for itself through pictures so you can really experience the vibe of these markets. I’ll give you a heads up though – this market gets really (enjoyably) busy, wear some comfortably shoes, bring a bag to pack all your goodies in, apply some sunscreen if it’s hot, and don’t be afraid to strike up some conversation with the locals.
Some of the fabulous products and produce you’ll find at the markets:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Eggs, honey, cheese, olives, nuts
- Wine and wine tasting, oils, jams, cordial, lemonade, nuts, dips, salad dressings
- Savoury goods hot off the press – lamb and gravy rolls, sausage rolls, pies, coffee
- Sweet indulgence – macarons, hot cross buns, biscuits and other sweet treats
- Arts and crafts, hats, dolls, earrings, cushions
- Local puppies and dogs getting some fresh air and sunshine! (shown off by their owners. No, not for sale)
Brilliant local market direct to you from the producers. A must in Mudgee.
St Mary’s Catholic Church (corner of Church and Market Streets)
Third Saturday of every month: 8.30am-12.30pm
Markets are always on – come rain, hail or shine. Market will be held in the hall if it’s wet.