As the title says…yes, there was good food…and good wine, and lots of it! This year was the year to hit up the Good Food and Wine Show in Sydney with my sister. Arriving around 10.00am at Sydney Olympic Park on the Sunday we were met with a line, a seriously long line, just for people who had pre-booked online and were just waiting to get through the doors. Excitement building met with some nervous sweating about the anticipated crowds. Any later and I think I would’ve been scared away! But not to worry, we got in soon enough, and there were plenty of FREE samples waiting for us.
First place we hit up – the Cheese Alley!
Showcasing some of my old favourites like High Valley Wine & Cheese Co. who offered delicious FREE tastings of marinated tomato, pesto, olive and chilli feta cheese. The obsession first started on my trip to Mudgee earlier this year which you can read all about in my post.
Followed shortly up with some FREE samples from the Bruny Island Cheese Co.
Pizza and salumi sampling! Pretty tasty for frozen pizza….
And watching a Barilla’s Authentic Italian Pasta Sauce Masterclass and kinda wishing I was eating a bowl of freshly cooked, warm pasta…
Staring at baked goods…
Fresh and much needed caffeine hit to keep us going thanks to some FREE generous servings of coffee from Nespresso…
And a bit of casual celebrity spotting….
Which brings me to happy wine time!
The delicious spoils from the day…
- ‘Nanna’ cheese courtesy of Bruny Island Cheese (Tasmania)
- Sparkling Moscato courtesy of Savannah Estate (Hunter Valley)
- Sleepytime Vanilla Herbal Tea, Peppermint Herbal Tea & True Blueberry Herbal Tea courtesy of Celestial Teas
- Canadian Maple Cashews & French Vanilla Almonds courtesy of The Gourmet Nut Co.
- Creamy Parmesan Caesar Dressing, Apricot Jam & Honey Mustard Dressing courtesy of Beerenberg
Completely food and wined out at the Sydney Good Food and Wine Show.
26 – 28 June
Sydney Olympic Park